Middle Point Landfill
Middle Point has served businesses and municipalities throughout Middle Tennessee since 1988. The landfill handles approximately 3,421 tons of waste per day. Middle Point enables numerous counties across Middle Tennessee to grow and prosper by providing safe and environmentally responsible waste disposal services.
Conservation, Sustainability, Community-Focused
- 808 acres of property total at the landfill site; only 25% of site property is used for disposal.
- Middle Point Park provides a space for both football and baseball youth leagues to practice and play games. There is no charge to the league to use the fields, and routine maintenance costs are covered by Republic.
- From host fees, Rutherford County realized a benefit of more than $900,000 in 2017.
- In 1995, Rutherford County and BFI entered into an agreement for Middle Point that allowed the county to send its household waste to the landfill free. Later that year, the City of Murfreesboro entered into an agreement with BFI for its residents to benefit from no-cost trash disposal (216k tons, worth approximately $6.7 million in 2017). There is a cost assessed by the county and city to pick up trash, but there is no cost for disposal at Middle Point Landfill.
- Since 1991, Middle Point has been a proud supporter of Walter Hill Elementary School.
- Middle Point donated land to the Walter Hill Volunteer Fire Department to build a new fire station.